Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Loblaw Scholarship. You must review the Terms and Conditions and confirm your acceptance.
- To be eligible for a Loblaw Scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled or planning to enrol in a full-time diploma or full-time undergraduate degree-seeking course of study at a publicly-funded university or college in Canada in the fall 2018 academic term. For detailed eligibility criteria for students in CEGEP (Quebec only), please see the FAQ
- You must hold a minimum academic average of 70% in your final year of secondary school study or an average of 70% in your previous year of study at a Canadian publicly-funded university or college
- Demonstrated participation in volunteer activities
- You must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- You must submit an online application by Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 15:00 ET
The number of annual awards will vary depending on the number of qualified applicants nationwide. Each award will be in the amount of $1,500. Loblaw Companies Limited reserves the right to limit the maximum number of awards each year.
Finalists will be required to provide proof of post-secondary school enrolment, citizenship, and grade point average.
The awarding of the scholarship is conditional upon the successful completion and receipt of the requested documentation, and provision of a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN). If the requested information cannot be verified by the scholarship administrator, yconic, within any specified timeframe, or it is otherwise determined that the applicant is not in compliance with the Scholarship Terms and Conditions, Loblaw Companies Limited reserves the right to disqualify the finalist’s application and forfeit their award.
2. If you plan to attend a post-secondary school outside of Canada next year as part of a year-abroad program you may still be eligible to apply provided you are participating in an exchange program as part of your course curriculum at a publicly-funded university or college and your graduation diploma is issued from a Canadian college or university.
3. Applications must be submitted online between March 5, 2018 at 15:00 ET and May 2, 2018 at 15:00 ET. Submissions must be made online.
4. You may submit your application in English or French but the application must be in one language only.
5. Judging Criteria:
A judging panel and our scholarship administrator, yconic, will be responsible for evaluating the entries based on the following considerations/criteria:
- Retail work experience
- Career goals
- Clarity of thought and communication of content
- Essay Structure
- Grammar and spelling
All final decisions will be made by Loblaw Companies Limited.
6. Potential scholarship recipients (and in the case of minors, a parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance, Publicity and Liability Release before being awarded a scholarship. The signed declaration will include the recipient’s consent to the use of their name, city and province or territory of residence and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by Loblaw Companies Limited in respect of the Scholarship Program. The signed Declaration of Compliance must be returned within any specified timeframe or the application may be disqualified.
7. Loblaw Companies Limited reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend or cancel this Scholarship Program at any time without individual notice.
8. By entering this Scholarship competition I agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, the records of Loblaw Companies Limited and the decisions of the Scholarship competition judges, which records and decisions shall be deemed final, conclusive and binding in all matters.
9. I certify that all the information provided on this application form and in all the accompanying documents is true, accurate, and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that the provision of false information will render me ineligible for this scholarship.
10. By submitting this Scholarship application, I hereby authorize Loblaw Companies Limited and its employees, agents, contractors and those of its affiliates to release any information provided in or relating to my Scholarship application to its representatives, the scholarship judges, yconic, and their respective representatives who need to know such information for purposes of administering and promoting this program. The selection committee will use the information only for purposes of evaluating my scholarship application.
11. I hereby authorize third parties, such as universities, government or community sources to release information required for the Loblaw Scholarship, yconic, and their respective representatives who need to know such information for purposes of administering the Loblaw Scholarship. This information may include personal evaluations, verification that student information is correct and official transcripts.
12. I understand and agree that Loblaw Companies Limited will use information gathered in connection with scholarship applications in aggregate and anonymous form for reporting and statistical purposes. The aggregate and anonymous information may also be used for the Scholarship publicity or promotional purposes.
13. In the event that I am a Scholarship recipient, I grant to Loblaw Companies Limited the right to use my name, likeness, city and province of residence, post-secondary program name and any direct quotes made by me in respect to the Scholarship for publicity purposes without further compensation.
14. Any personal information that you provide to Loblaw Companies Limited in relation to the scholarships will be used solely for (1) the administration of the Program, (2) media releases and other public relations materials in relation to the promotion of the scholarship, and (3) in the aggregate and anonymous form for reporting and statistical purposes. Loblaw Companies Limited will not (i) sell your personal information to third parties, (ii) will store it in a secure manner, and may employ third parties to store the information outside of Canada, and (iii) will destroy it once it is no longer needed for the purposes of the Program. By completing the application, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for those purposes. If you are selected for a scholarship, then you also consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the above purposes.
15. What constitutes “full-time” student status is determined by the applicable post-secondary institution.